Accessibility Accommodation Requests
SOWA strives to ensure our events are accessible to all individuals. If participants have any specific accommodation requests related to one or more disabilities or language access, please include your request when you register and email us directly at email@example.com. Please reach out as soon as you are aware of your access need and at least two weeks prior to the first day of the conference.
While we seek to expand the designation of resources for accessibility accommodations, our budget is limited. Our current policy is first-come, first-served when addressing accommodation requests. Please reach out as early as possible with your request and/or inquiry. We will do our best to meet the accessibility requests and/or work with you to identify alternative solutions if we’re not able to meet the exact need.
- Parking & Transportation: Parking lots for the Greater Tacoma Convention Center (GTCC) are operated by Republic Parking and managed by the City of Tacoma. Accessible parking is available in Parking Lot A garage and can be accessed via the ramp from Commerce Street. Standard parking rates: $6 0-4 hours, $12 4+ hours/all day. The Tacoma Link Light Rail is free, the Convention Center Station is directly across from the GTCC, and parking is free at the Link garage next to the Tacoma Dome Station. Visiting Tacoma for the first time? Plan your trip with resources from Travel Tacoma.
- Conference Venue: The conference will take place primarily on the 3rd and 4th floors of the GTCC (view floor plans) and the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Marriott Tacoma Downtown Hotel, accessible via a shared hallway. The GTCC and Marriott Tacoma Downtown both have public elevators, accessible on all floors. Check out more information about the accessibility features of the Marriott Tacoma Downtown, and the accessibility features of the Convention Center.
- Restrooms: All are encouraged to use the restroom of their choice. These are the available restrooms:
- 2nd Floor, Marriott: Men’s, Women’s, or Single Stall Restroom
- 3rd Floor, Marriott: Men’s, Women’s, or Single Stall Restroom
- 3rd Floor, GTCC: All-Gender, Women’s, or Single Stall Restroom
- 4th Floor, GTCC: Men’s, Women’s, or Single Stall Restroom
- Nursing Room: A nursing (lactation) room is located on the 3rd floor of the GTCC.
- Mindfulness and Quiet Areas: If you are looking for a quiet space from noise or distractions, we recommend the following SOWA designated rooms:
— Rooms 404 and 405 (4th floor Convention Center)
— Union Room (3rd floor Marriott)
The Greater Tacoma Convention Center provides Sensory Bags, equipped with noise-canceling headphones, fidget tools, verbal cue cards, and weighted lap pads will also be available to all guests at the Convention Center who may feel overwhelmed by the environment, as part of their Accessibility services.