th year, SOWA’s annual Bridge Conference brings together school-age care providers, youth development professionals, leaders, community organizers, funders, and policymakers from across the country.
Attendees hear from thought-provoking presenters and learn new strategies to build strong programs and equitable systems for young people, in and out of school. Reflected in all aspects of the Bridge Conference are the values of equity, belonging, leadership, nourishment, change, innovation, and community. Our attendees and presenters represent the diverse communities we work with across the state.
We gather to:
- Engage with a diverse range of knowledge, people, and perspectives
- Identify the ways that racial inequities impact youth, expanded learning opportunities, and educational outcomes
- Experience a sense of belonging to nourish social connection and professional networking
- Learn how to implement tangible practices that promote an equitable expanded learning opportunity ecosystem
- Strive to recognize power dynamics throughout programs and systems and begin to strategize how to co-create stronger partnerships across sectors
Bridge Conference 2021—From Seedlings to Stardust
For our second virtual conference, we will come together to celebrate, influence, and learn in community with the expanded learning field on October 26-29, 2021. More details and updates are available on our Bridge website.