Last year, SOWA worked to enhance the Elevate Washington data platform. If you’re not already familiar, Elevate is SOWA’s youth program data system and public directory. Providers can create and manage information profiles that are searchable via the program directory. The directory is a free, statewide resource that features camps, classes, and support programs for children and young people (ages 5 to 24). Providers who join also gain early access to information about funding opportunities and other resources for expanded learning professionals from SOWA and its partners—including funding.
So what’s new?
A more user friendly search tool and program detail page
We enabled better search filters and map functions that make it easier to locate programs in communities around Washington. And, we redesigned the program detail page to showcase information that helps people quickly scan and decide if a program is right for them.
Additional details about your program
Youth program providers can share more details about their program that will help families search for and evaluate which services and expanded learning opportunities are right for them. This information also helps us target resources and impact policy. New program detail options include:
- Days & Times—You can now specify a date range as well as hours of operation. And, we’ve added categories for school breaks so that people can easily identify which programs offer child care and/or enrichment activities for working families during holidays, spring break and summer.
- Cost & Payment Options—We learned that two key words that people often use when searching for programs are “Subsidy” and “Voucher.” You can now select “Subsidy/Voucher” in addition to specifying other details or the cost of your program.
- Accessibility Features—Elevate Washington is the only online resource in our state that highlights youth program accessibility features. SOWA worked with the Play Equity Coalition to determine which terms to include. You can also add additional accessibility terms that are unique to your program.
- Program Photos—In addition to your logo, you have the option to share photos from your program.
- And more—You can outline health and safety protocols and specify the program format (in person, mobile, hybrid, online). You can also let families know that you provide meals or snacks during programming.
If you’re already a member of Elevate Washington, be sure and log in to update your program details. Not a member yet, learn more here and get on the map!