Now is the time to showcase Youth Development to policymakers! In partnership with the Youth Development Strategy Table, we’ll be meeting youth, providers, and other stakeholders to educate and advocate for our legislative priorities from February 6 – 10.
Here’s how you can participate.
Before Advocacy Week (January 11 – February 2):
- Attend the Youth Development Strategy Table (YDST)’s bi-weekly Legislative Update webinars starting January 11 from 8:30-9 AM. The webinars will provide updates on legislative sessions and time for providers to give input.
Other Legislative Update webinars dates include: January 25, February 8 and 22, March 8 and 22, April 5 and 19
- Attend YDST’s Advocacy 101 Training webinar on January 19 from 1:00–2:00 PM. This training provides an overview of advocacy, how nonprofits can lobby, and support to craft your organization’s message.
- Youth who want to support our work are invited to attend YDST’s Youth Advocacy Training webinar on February 2 from 4:00–5:30 PM. This training is for youth to gain context for advocacy and get support in telling their story.
During Advocacy Week (February 6 – 10):
- Register for support in meeting with your legislators. Once you register, we’ll work with the offices of your legislators to set up a meeting to discuss youth development. Please note: if you are with a statewide network (example: Communities in Schools, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boys & Girls Club, YMCA), your statewide advocacy support staff will be scheduling for you. If you aren’t sure who to contact, fill out the registration form and you will be connected to the right team.
- Attend the YDST Advocacy Week Rally webinar on February 6 from 4:00 – 5:00 PM. The event will provide more information on the legislative session and continue to build momentum for our legislative priorities.
Please reach out to David Beard with any questions or concerns. Youth make Washington better and it’s time for the state to support youth development!