The youth development field is primed for major funding and supportive policies to increase access to programs and supports for providers. In order to secure these wins for kids, we need providers, youth, and other stakeholders to help increase awareness and build energy in the legislators to make big things happen this session and in the years to come. Youth Development Advocacy Week is a great opportunity to raise your voice with others across the state and show why funding and supports are critical to supporting children and youth during and after the pandemic.
REGISTER! Youth Development Advocacy Week is January 31 – February 4, 2022
Join us for a week full week of events highlighting the power of the youth development field, including youth training, Advocacy 101, a kick-off rally, meetings with legislators, and more!
- Youth Advocacy Boot Camp – 1/25 (4:00-5:00 pm)
- This event is for young people who are interested in learning about advocacy and how to advocate for their communities. You can register for this event if you are a young person wanting to participate or if you are a provider wanting to bring young people to the event.
- Advocacy 101 Training – 1/27 (3:30-4:30 pm)
- This training is for providers who are interested in learning about how to advocate for their program.
- YD Advocacy Week Kick-Off Event – 1/31 (4:30-5:30 pm)
- Come join us for our advocacy celebration prior to legislative session! We will be talking about the issues most important to youth development as well as having guest speakers including our best champions and young people.
- Legislator Meetings – 1/31-2/1 (various times)
REGISTER! – Youth Development Conversations – Advocacy Week 2022
As a part of Advocacy Week, we have an action-packed morning on Tuesday (February 1) where we have a great opportunity to both hear from our state partners about the youth development field and to have a critical conversation about diversity, equity, and inclusion in and throughout the youth development (YD) field. Below is the agenda. Join one, some, or all!
- YD Conversations with State Agency Partners (still confirming) DCYF, OSPI, and the Governor’s Office: 2/1 (9:00-11:00 am)
- YD Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Panel with providers and special guests hosted by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Washington State: 2/1 (11:15 am-12:00 pm)
There will be one zoom link for all the conversations, so feel free to pop in and out as your schedule allows and we would love to have you for the full event. The registration link for this event is here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.