We Build. We Rise. We Soar.
The King County Best Starts for Kids Summit delivers four days of learning, sharing, and celebrating. In his opening remarks, King County Executive Dow Constantine pointed to the Out-of-School Time strategy as an example of the success of the overall initiative.
Between 2018 and 2020, OST cohort members have:
- Delivered more than 130,000 hours of out-of-school time programming
- Seen more than 11,000 enrollments
The week features trainings and panels from organizations from across the many Best Starts strategies and also boasts out-of-school time grantees.
- STEMPaths Innovation Network has invited their student leaders to demonstrate the engineering design process and to help attendees empower girls to develop a STEM mindset.
- Open Doors for Multicultural Families shares how their capacity supports through Best Starts have helped grow their organizational culture of Equity in Action.
- Members of Living Well Kent’s Youth Policy Council join a panel of young leaders to discuss how their work changed due to COVID, George Floyd’s murder, and the intensifying struggle for racial justice.
Registration for the Summit is free and available for any community member who wants to learn about the Best Starts initiative and engage in the great work of its grantee organizations. Here’s to a thriving King County!