For three decades, School’s Out Washington (SOWA) has served a critical role to advance equitable expanded learning ecosystems in Washington state. We work to ensure high-quality afterschool and summer programs are available so all of Washington’s youth—and especially low-income youth and youth of color—can have the opportunities they deserve to thrive. SOWA is dedicated to building responsive community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development and summer programs for Washington’s children and youth ages 5 through young adulthood.
The Marketing Manager will support the implementation of communications plans for multiple practice areas and campaigns through planning, creative ideation, asset development, execution, and engagement tracking.
Reports to: Communications Director
Location: Remote from anywhere in Washington state, or from our Tukwila office
Primary job functions:
- Provide content creation, basic graphic design support, proofing/editing, and coordination for a variety of marketing and communications deliverables
- Support the planning and implementation of the SOWA’s editorial calendar and story bank
- Lead social media marketing across multiple channels and platforms
- Lead email marketing efforts including content development, list coordination, and engagement tracking
- Provide regular website content management and quality assurance
- Track and report on content marketing performance metrics for all platforms (social, email, websites, advertising, etc.) and provide recommendations for optimization
- Manage marketing-related vendor relationships, account subscriptions, and monthly billing
- Manage photo and video assets using a digital asset management system
- Provide support for the planning and execution of events within the organization, including SOWA’s annual conference
- Ensure that all content and visual assets adhere to SOWA’s brand and messaging guidelines
- Contribute to strategy for paid and organic SEM and SEO campaigns as needed
- Manage external projects with graphic design vendors to produce special design assets and publications
- Coordinate with print and mail house for distribution of all print materials
- Support special projects as assigned
- Participate in staff and project meetings
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization, formally and informally
- Contribute to overall organizational success through participation in occasional cross-organizational committees
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in marketing communications or roles involving content strategy, marketing/fundraising, or campaigns
- Experience managing, optimizing, and measuring an organization’s digital marketing across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google Ads, etc.
- Experience using an existing a brand system to develop, communicate, and execute a marketing strategy
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Creative, curious, collaborative, and proactive
- Experience using graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Experience with content publishing tools and marketing platforms such as WordPress, Mailchimp, Buffer, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail for both visual and written communications
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices, a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects within different information systems and business collaboration platforms
- Some familiarity with CRM databases (Salesforce) and project management software is desired
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of internal departments and stakeholders
- Commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism and openness to engaging in challenging conversations that center racial equity
- Commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices
SALARY, HOURS, AND BENEFITS
Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000-$81,000 based on relevant experience for the role. Over time, the employee in this role may earn up to $95,000 per year with additional years of service.
Full-time, 40 hours, Monday-Friday. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Exempt
Benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, retirement, and Paid Time Off.
COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with COVID-19 safety practices, School’s Out Washington has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, and all new hires need to be fully vaccinated prior to their first day of employment or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a documented disability or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series vaccine or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine.
Our Equity Commitment: School’s Out Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School’s Out Washington has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters as one document to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Manager.” Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Cover letters should be no more than 2 pages and should outline how your professional background, experience, interests, and passions specifically correlate to the position and SOWA’s mission and work.
Applications received by 5:00 PM (PST) Sept 20,2023 will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted after this date. However, preferential consideration is given to those submitted by Sept 20,2023. The announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.