Position Summary: The Finance and Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for a variety of SOWA functions including, but not limited to, finance, IT, senior management, office operations, and organization-wide events and initiatives.
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Location: 625 Andover Park W, STE 101, Tukwila, WA 98188
This is a hybrid position. Some of the job duties are required to be performed onsite at SOWA’s Tukwila office, hence candidates must reside within a reasonable daily commuting distance to Tukwila, Washington. Some duties can be done remotely.
- Check financial documents and transactions for correct entry, including mathematical accuracy, and proper coding.
- Note and report discrepancies found in records; identify possible resolutions.
- Compile supporting documentation for financial transactions.
- Access relevant financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Enter and update records in financial applications and databases and generate reports as required.
- Prepare statistical, financial, accounting, and/or auditing reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of finance information.
- Comply with federal, state, and organization policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coordinate collection of equipment from departing employees, work with IT vendor to prepare and issue equipment for new employees.
- Maintain inventory of all SOWA equipment issued to employees.
- Maintain employee check-out system for IT and AV equipment.
- Assist employees with troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Upon approval, order new equipment as needed or as requested.
- Assist with special IT projects as needed.
- Answer phone and monitor the general inquiry mailbox. Forward calls and emails; respond to requests for information and resources and make referrals to outside resources when appropriate.
- Coordinate purchasing, service and maintenance of copier, postage meter, water coolers, training room equipment, office furniture, office décor, and other office equipment.
- Serve as a primary contact with property management company and coordinate office maintenance projects.
- Provide general office support, including filing and mailings, sorting, scanning, and distributing mail, ordering and maintaining office and kitchen supplies, and general office maintenance and organization.
- Provide backup administrative support to program operations team as needed.
Senior Management Support
- Provide general administrative support to the Leadership Team.
- Coordinate and compile monthly leadership reports for the board.
- Assist individual members of the Leadership Team with administrative tasks on a project basis as needed, including notetaking or transcribing, making travel arrangements, uploading receipts, and scheduling.
Organization-wide Events and Initiatives
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics for regular staff meetings as well as staff and board of director’s retreats and events, both offsite and at the Tukwila office, which may include planning, food, venue, technology, day-of logistics, and other tasks as needed.
- Manage the reservation calendar for trainings and events hosted in SOWA’s Tukwila office. Coordinate reservation of the Parkwest Commons Conference Center as needed.
- Provide back-up administrative support for SOWA’s Salesforce and event registration systems.
- Staff organizational-wide committees as needed, including notetaking, scheduling, and logistical support.
- Commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism, and other discriminatory practices.
- Commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism, including active participation in organizational learning.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and occasional staff retreats.
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization at all times both formally and informally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and competencies:
- At minimum, two years of finance or administrative assistance work experience and/or combination of related work experience and education.
- One or more years’ experience in accounting or finance preferred.
- Commitment to working with diverse individuals, groups, communities and organizations.
- Experience working in and/or living in diverse communities preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated familiarity with computer (PC) hardware and peripherals.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite tools, especially Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to independently travel between work-related appointments and to independently transport equipment and supplies between work-related appointments.
- Requires flexibility in time requirements/constraints; may require some early morning, evening, weekend meetings.
HOURS AND BENEFITS:
40 hours per week, generally Monday-Friday
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Salaried Nonexempt
Hiring range: Pay band 21, $48,000-$55,000 based on relevant experience. Over time, the employee in this role may earn up to $62,000 per year with additional years of service.
Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, 403b retirement savings plan, and generous paid time off.
COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with COVID-19 safety practices, School’s Out Washington has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, and all new hires need to be fully vaccinated prior to their first day of employment or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a documented disability or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement.
Our Equity Commitment: School’s Out Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School’s Out Washington has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the subject line “Finance and Administrative Assistant.”
Please send your resume and cover letter as one document. Cover letters should be no more than 2 pages and should outline how your professional background, experience, interests, and passions specifically correlate to the position and School’s Out Washington’s mission and work.
Applications received by November 10, 2023, will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted after this date. However, preferential consideration is given to those submitted by November 10, 2023. The announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.