Executive Assistant (temporary through December 2022)
School’s Out Washington (SOWA) is an independent 501c3 organization working to advance equity through a well-supported expanded learning ecosystem in Washington state. SOWA is dedicated to building community systems to support quality afterschool, youth development and summer programs for Washington’s children and youth ages 5 through young adulthood.
The Executive Assistant provides high level administrative and project management support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for School’s Out Washington and is responsible for all necessary support functions for the SOWA Board of Directors and Leadership Team, as well as other task forces/working group assignments. This includes communication, meeting logistics, workplan tracking, and preparation for meetings. This position is an opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with outstanding interpersonal skills and a strong sense of initiative to play a critical role during a busy and dynamic time for SOWA.
Reports to: CEO
Location: 801 23rd Ave S, Seattle or remote from anywhere in the King/Pierce County area
Executive and Board Support
- Coordinate and manage all logistics for board meetings including scheduling and arranging meetings and tracking and developing board materials
- Provide administrative support to the Board executive committee as needed
- Track and manage special projects for the CEO
- Schedule meetings for the CEO
- Support CEO with presentations for bi-weekly staff meeting and other meetings
- Support CEO with other administrative tasks such as tracking invoices and expenses, drafting communications, etc.
- Support Leadership Team members around hiring logistics and coordination
Committee and Task Force Administrative Support
- Attend, take notes, and track workplans for specific meetings, including board of directors (monthly), staff leadership team (1-2 times/week) and the strategic planning task force (2 times/month), as well as for ad hoc task forces and advisory groups on occasion
- Coordinate SOWA and 801 community meetings—celebrations, racial equity trainings, etc.
- In partnership with the Leadership Team, manage logistics around potential office move or reorganization
- Participate in staff meetings, all staff racial equity trainings, and occasional staff retreats
- 3+ years experience in executive support, administrative, or project management positions
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in working toward racial equity and undoing institutional and structural racism
- Strong people skills; ability to adapt to diverse work styles and approaches
- Problem-solving and inclusive approach
- Strong ability to maintain boundaries and confidentiality
- Skilled in managing multiple tasks and projects
- Comfort and skilled in technology, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and databases.
- Sense of humor, humility, and accountability is a must
Hours and benefits:
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Nonexempt
As a part time, temporary position, this position is not eligible for SOWA’s benefit package, but will receive sick and safe leave benefits
Hiring Range: $27 -$31 per hour
In accordance with COVID-19 safety practices, School’s Out Washington has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, and all new hires need to be fully vaccinated prior to their first day of employment or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a documented disability or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series vaccine or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine.
School’s Out Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. People of Color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letters as one document to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Assistant.”
Cover letters should be no more than 1 page and should outline how your professional background, experience, interests, and passions specifically correlate to the position and School’s Out Washington’s mission and work.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.